Princess Luna Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 2 Episode 20: It's about time

3 posters

Go down

Season 2 Episode 20: It's about time Empty Season 2 Episode 20: It's about time

Post by SoulReaver Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:48 pm

Synopsis:
After receiving a warning from her future self, Twilight Sparkle drives herself crazy in an attempt to avoid an unspecified upcoming calamity.

Wiki:
http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/It%27s_About_Time

Youtube:

My thoughts:
An episode about mystery and timetravel made me really excited but to be honest I was kinda dissappointed at how predictable it was, which kinda defeats the purpose of a giant mystery if you allready know what the anwser to is.
However, as usual there were some pretty nice bits and bobs to it,like Cerberus and Greek mythology which seems to be canon, the efforts of Twilight trying to change the future, Spike eating TONS and TONS and TONS of icecream, Pinkie being random, MONITOR ALL THE THINGS :TwiCrazy: ,seeing how future twi got her look, and the ridiculos part of sneaking around canterlot while no one really cared("Oh hi Twi,wassup").
Of course I was expecting too much of timetravel in My Little Pony, since it is still after all a kids show,and they are not gonna throw in paradoxes,alternate timelines, or questions that the viewer has to answer himself by paying close attention, like in Back to the Future.
Anyway, Im off eating tubs of icecream now.

/discuss
SoulReaver
SoulReaver

http://ReaverGames.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Season 2 Episode 20: It's about time Empty Re: Season 2 Episode 20: It's about time

Post by Balsiefen Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:58 pm

I liked it quite a lot: there was a lot of pretty humorous bits in it and the whole thing somehow glued together a lot better than episodes sometimes do. I agree that the ending was pretty clear from the start but I still think that the ride was what mattered -Even if it was a little anticlimactic after the idea of some post-apocalyptic pony future which gives twilight a scar, an eyepatch (Twipatch?) and puts her in a tattered Lycra suit.
Balsiefen
Balsiefen

Back to top Go down

Season 2 Episode 20: It's about time Empty Re: Season 2 Episode 20: It's about time

Post by Rarity Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:17 pm

Yup I agree, around 8minutes in you realize that the message was something along the lines of "Don't worry". Then again, I facepalmed when she decided to go back in time. Why would a smart pony like twilight knowing what it lead to decide to go back in time <.<

Oh well, I guess you can't change fate

Although the episode was hilarius and the "snake" outfit was awesome. :D

The only thing I would criticize about this episode would be pinkie pie. I thought her appearances were not "pinkie pie-ish" but more on the "wtf are you doing your more hyper active than usual".

Besides that very nice episode :)

-Rarity

-Rarity
Rarity
Rarity
Royal Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down