Princess Luna Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 2 Episode 20: Its About Time (Pre-Episode Speculation)

4 posters

Go down

Season 2 Episode 20: Its About Time (Pre-Episode Speculation) Empty Season 2 Episode 20: Its About Time (Pre-Episode Speculation)

Post by SoulReaver Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:30 pm

Synopsis:
When Twilight Sparkle receives a strange and vague warning about impending doom and disaster from her future self, she drives herself nearly mad in an attempt to stall a cataclysmic event, but her uncertainty makes finding answers difficult.

MLP wikia page:
http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/It%27s_About_Time

My thoughts:
When I read the first synopsis I was a little worried that maybe it was just someone pulling a prank on her (my fanheart would wish something like Trixie casting a shapeshift-spell on her to trick Twilight) but with this new synopsis I dont think its someone pulling a prank on her and its actually gonna involve some sort of timetravel.
I wonder however, how they are gonna use the idea of timetravel here. I dont think Twilight will teleport back in time, but rather send a message/image of herself back in time to warn present Twilight. What I would like to see is maybe a rift appearing in the library through which future Twilight speaks to present Twilight. Then theres also the whole danger of timetravelling, surely if timetravel exists in Equestria there is a law against using it, since it would cause great damage if not used correctly. Especially Twilight should know that messing with the timeflow would be very dangerous, so that leads to the question as to what cataclysmic event would drive Twilight to do something like this. Knowing Twilight and how she reacted in Lesson Zero, it might actually not be something that cataclysmic.
Also if Twilight warns her past self, why is it only a vague warning and nothing concrete to go on?

There are a lot of questions this Synopsis raises and I hope that the episode itself also throws up a lot of question but has an ending that ties all lose ends together and doesnt leave plotholes (hihi,plothole, hihi) open.
And as always,I think pretty much everyone wants to see another PsychoTwi episode.

/discuss
SoulReaver
SoulReaver

http://ReaverGames.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Season 2 Episode 20: Its About Time (Pre-Episode Speculation) Empty Re: Season 2 Episode 20: Its About Time (Pre-Episode Speculation)

Post by masukaze Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:28 pm

i read this and all i could think was that twilight started playing WoW :P\\

ps

twilight playing WoW would make her :TwiCrazy:
masukaze
masukaze

Back to top Go down

Season 2 Episode 20: Its About Time (Pre-Episode Speculation) Empty Re: Season 2 Episode 20: Its About Time (Pre-Episode Speculation)

Post by masukaze Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:30 pm

PPS

lol plotholes
masukaze
masukaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Rarity Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:38 pm

Personally, I could would love[i] if they would start off in the future and show us how twilight sends the message to "present" twilight. Unfortuenately I doubt that will happen.

What I really hope doesn't happen is that I get to see this face again: :TwiCrazy:

That face truely scares me to bits, and it was probably my least favourite mlp episode so far (lesson zero).

Just my two equestrian cents :datflank:

-Rarity
Rarity
Rarity
Royal Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulReaver Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:46 pm

You're probably one of the only ones though,I am pretty sure Lesson Zero ranks very high on most Bronies' list
SoulReaver
SoulReaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Rarity Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:50 pm

Could be, I tend to be the odd-one-out when it comes to mlp stuff :P

Oh well, it was just my oppinion I hope nopony got hurt by what I said :P

-Rarity
Rarity
Rarity
Royal Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulReaver Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:18 pm

WOW
WAT

What is this future Twi is wearing? why the eyepatch? What happened? Oh this is gonna be an awesome episode!

/discuss
SoulReaver
SoulReaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Rarity Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:13 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKWpGJ4Xhw8

Wow, I can't waitm Typical Twilight to start babling about scietific stuff whilst her future self tries to tell her what not to do *inhales after long sentence*.

"Next tuesday morning" DAYUM
Too much awesomeness, I'm in overload right now.

-Rarity
Rarity
Rarity
Royal Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by AuraBlaze Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:36 pm

Top comments for the video say this scene references Metal Gear Solid. Part of me now wishes I had played those games. I think this time --no pun intendted-- Twilight's mental breakdown could be the reason the future is "saved" for whatever reason. The only problem with this theory is the question of what the lesson on friendship would be here. Lesson zero already dealt with taking a friend's statement seriously, so what could we be in store for now? :skeptical:
AuraBlaze
AuraBlaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Rarity Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:47 pm

AuraBlaze wrote:The only problem with this theory is the question of what the lesson on friendship would be here. Lesson zero already dealt with taking a friend's statement seriously, so what could we be in store for now? :skeptical:

:what: Dear Princess Celestia, I didn't learn anything, I was right all along! :what:

-Rarity
Rarity
Rarity
Royal Guard

Back to top Go down

Post by SoulReaver Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:50 pm

AuraBlaze wrote:Top comments for the video say this scene references Metal Gear Solid.

Its more likely a reference to Snake Plissken,who Solid Snake was based on

Season 2 Episode 20: Its About Time (Pre-Episode Speculation) 222921-plissken_large
SoulReaver
SoulReaver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down